Tuesday, April 12, 2011

One more . . .


I can't seem to get enough of this pattern of Anna's found here on her blog "Noodlehead."  This is a version I made last week. Love the gray and pink tones with the muslin on this one...


Yesterday I was waiting in line at the grocery store with the version I made for myself, and a young mother behind me commented on how much she liked my purse. It's so nice to get a compliment on something you made yourself!


I've had many people ask me what I do to make my bags more "sturdy" looking. I do this by using fusible fleece (a thicker iron-on interfacing you buy off the bolt at fabric stores). I use it on almost all the pieces of fabric for the tote except the lining of the pockets. That means I apply it to all the outside and lining panel pieces of the purse. I also apply it to the outside of the pockets. It makes the cost of the purse a bit more, but it's well worth the extra money in my mind. Fusible fleece ensures a sturdy, well-crafted tote.


Once again I added an extra couple of inches to the width of the purse and added two inside pockets into the seams.


This is the most comfortable purse I've had in ages. I love the long, thick strap that stays put and the roomy pockets both inside and out!


Just a reminder ... Mother's Day is fast approaching. Just sayin'.