Thursday, November 17, 2011

Master Bath Remodel...

I just got through putting the second coat of paint on the master bathroom. I'm glad that's done. Here's how the work is progressing. My contractor promises me that most of the work should be done by the end of next week. He needs to set the tub, tile and grout the tub surround, and install cabinets and countertops. After that it's just little things like mounting towel bars and light fixtures. Yippeee! I have carpet scheduled to be installed on November 30th and our new bedroom furniture delivered a couple days later.

This is how the work has progressed this week:

In the shower room, the walls have been calked and the soap dishes have been added. Grout was added between the tiles on the floor and the cabinet was installed. Also plumbing fixtures were added in the shower. After the walls of the shower were up I ordered the shower door. That should come in this week and be installed soon.


I cannot tell you how much I love these cabinets. The beading on them is so beautiful and I love the slightly distressed look. It's just what we wanted.  I still need to pick out drawer pulls and cabinet knobs. One more thing to purchase, but it'll save the cabinets in the long run!


The tub was placed this week and the plumbing fixtures installed. That is one deep soaker tub. (Pass the Calgon, please.)


This morning I finished painting the main room of the master bath. Love the color -- Parachute Silk from Behr. The light fixtures will be replace and I'll need to do a some touch up work on the paint, but generally the painting in that room is finished. I still have to paint the walk-in closet and the closet in the bathroom -- I'll do that after the Thanksgiving holiday.


Emotionally I've done remarkably well for the last few weeks with all the construction commotion in the house, but this week I hit the wall. I don't like messy or cluttered or dust. I'm tired of the inconvenience of it all, but it's a small price to pay for what we'll have in the long run.

We've also been moving furniture from one room to another and changing up other rooms slightly. I have a fabulous repurpose of furniture that I'll tell you about after Thanksgiving! So excited about that! That project should be completed this next week!