Monday, March 10, 2014

Doll Cradle Bedding {Part 1}...


A year ago I found a doll cradle at Goodwill...


I scored when they sold it to me for $3.99, minus the senior discount of $1.50! That's right I paid $2.50 for this adorable, curvacious beauty...

(I can't wait for my grass to be this color again!)

I planned on making some bedding for the cradle soon after it was purchased, but  life happened and a year and a half later the grands are still using baby blankets -- instead of baby doll blankets. It was time to change that.

Last week I purchased a 2" foam cushion at Hancock Fabrics. It was easily trimmed down to cradle size to form a mattress. 


With a little turquoise fabric I found at Hobby Lobby, I created a crib sheet to cover the mattress...


Coming soon... the quilted blanket I made for the cradle!