Tuesday, September 23, 2014

{Not so} Bloomin' Tuesday...


I've let our garden slide these last two months. I've had better things to do -- like spending time with children and grandchildren. We also welcomed this little blossom onto our family tree...


Macy is our 14th grandchild. As you can see she is absolutely adorable. She won't have very long to enjoy the "youngest" grandchild status because we have another one due in January and two more {a week apart} in March. It's another "year of the babies" in our family. We seem to have baby clusters every few years, which makes this grandma very happy and makes for very fun family get-togethers.

A couple of days ago I went into my backyard and saw this -- our birdie submerged head-first into the birdbath...


That pretty much describes our yard right now. With everything else happening in our family, I've let the garden go to pot. Figuratively speaking -- not literally. {One has to be careful in Colorado regarding what one says about "pot."}

Anyway, our garden has been neglected. The only plants that are thriving are these beautiful impatiens. They've been ignored and haven't even received the water they've needed, so it's only by sheer determination on their part that they are flourishing.
 

This last week I scheduled some gardening time and began winterizing the yard. Some of the container plants were the first things to go. We picked the apples off our two trees {twas a bountiful harvest this year}...


and cut back our clematis and other perennials. It feels good to give the yard a little attention. This week I am away from home again. When I get back I'm going to start painting and redecorating one of the bedrooms. Do you remember the dresser I refurbished last spring? 


It will find a home in this redesigned bedroom. I also have a few more projects in the works -- an little-girl owl purse, some flower headbands and a princess cape to name a few! There's never a dull moment around here. Have a nice day,