Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Bloomin' Tuesday


I'm singing the blues today {in a good way}! I love purple and blue flowers in my garden, and today I'm highlighting our dark purple and pale lavender clematis.Years ago I planted some clematis against a fence in my garden. They have thrived in this sunny spot...


Clematis are such easy plants to grow. You just need to plant them in a sunny area {at least 6 hours of sunlight}, keep their feet moist, prune them every fall or spring to about 12 inches -- and watch them boom!


Once you've had success with a clematis, it's only natural to try to find another space in your garden to squeeze in another one, which is exactly what I did a couple of years ago.


I bought a pale variety that time and put it in an area that doesn't get quite as much sun. I think they'll do well in time, but they have been a little slower to take off. They've only been in two summers though, and it seems to be the third summer where they really start to thrive. I love their gorgeous lavender faces...


Here's one more "blue" from my garden -- luscious lobelia surrounding a "landscape" grass...


Wishing you a happy Bloomin' Tuesday.