Wednesday, September 09, 2015

Flea Market Halloween Find...


I love thrift stores. I don't know whether it's the thrill of the hunt or the deals that can be found, but I love to shop flea markets and thrift stores. The other day I was wandering through my favorite one, and I came upon this wooden bowl.


I was looking for a centerpiece idea for the month of October for my kitchen table. I usually have fresh flowers on my table, but I wanted something a little more economical and something that would last more than a week, so I thought I'd find a bowl or pedestal where I could place mini pumpkins and small gourds.

The scalloped edge on the bowl reminded me of inverted bat wings,


so I decided to paint it black...


Spray paint is my friend. Seriously, love the stuff. It can change the most ugly, scratched up object into a work of art...


I did a little {very little} sanding to the bowl to get it ready for paint and then applied a couple coats of  black satin spray paint. I can picture it filled with Halloween delights and autumn produce...


Oh, and by the way, this little beauty was only $4. 
That's enough to make you cackle like a witch!