Wednesday, September 02, 2015

More Trick or Treat Halloween Bags...


A few days ago I showed you a couple of the Ric-Racked Trick or Treat Halloween Bags that I made last week, and today I'm featuring a couple more. These bags are wonderful because, for the most part, you can make them with scraps of fabric you have from Halloweens past, and it only takes an hour or two to whip one up. {A really fast project!}


When I make these "pieced" totes, I use the same technique for fabric choice that one would use in making a quilt. Find a focus fabric {in this case, mine is the Black Skeletal Chevron} and choose your other fabrics and colors based on that fabric. 


The googley eyed fabric in the centers of the totes is a particular favorite of mine. Unfortunately, I bought it a number of years ago, and I only have little scraps of it left. The purple and orange ghost fabrics are also an older print {2011}, but they went perfectly with the chevron bones!


These totes are the perfect size for a pint sized trick or treater. There's plenty of room for goodies in this 7 x 8.5 inch bag.


Once again, click
for the pattern and tutorial! 
Next week I'll be featuring my Candy Corn Trick or Treat Bag!