Tuesday, May 03, 2016

Baby Tutu...


Here's my first attempt at the Infant Tutu that I blogged about yesterday. In that post I mentioned where you could find a tutorial and a YouTube video on how to make these easy, no-sew tutus for infants and little girls. I found all the "ingredients" for this outfit at Hobby Lobby.


This itty-bitty onesie is 0-3 month size. I have this amazing pin on Pinterest that helps you determine how long a tutu should be according to age or size.


Because I'm making this for an infant, I wanted it to be about 6 inches long, so I cut lengths of 6" tulle 13 inches long {you fold the strand in half and tie it onto the headband -- so you double the length you want of the tulle and add an inch for the knot}. Just follow this YouTube video or this blogpost for instructions.


This leopard print is a little wacky, but sometimes a girl {no matter the age} has to get a little wild and crazy!


This is one of the easiest projects I've made in a long time. I finished this one yesterday and have plans to make another couple today.


They take about a half hour from start to finish, and you don't even have to get your sewing machine out!